What is Tai Chi? This martial art and the associated Qi Gong warmup exercises are practiced worldwide for health improvement. Scientific research shows that the practice of Tai Chi prevents or improves many chronic conditions including heart disease, diabetes and arthritis. In addition, it improves balance, immunity, and reduces stress.
Yang-style simplified Tai Chi Chuan has been led by volunteer instructors in Laramie since 1993. The original founding members were
Jeanne Hurd and Pam Morrow.
Sessions continue weekly providing learning opportunities in Tai Chi and
Qi Gong for beginners and advanced practitioners.
Laramie Tai Chi and Tea Sessions are scheduled
every Wednesday from 1:30 to 2:30 pm.
Meetings will be held outside in HARBON PARK,
nearest the corner of 14th and Gibbon Streets.
Harbon is a chemical-free park, the grass is mowed on
Tuesdays and Fridays, and there are no public restrooms.
No Tai Chi fees will be collected, there will be no handouts, and the restrooms in the First United Methodist Church will not be available. 6-to-10 foot social distancing will be enforced
and face masks are optional.
Each session will be divided into two parts.
* The first part of the session will be Qi Gong Breathing and Balance exercises for everyone.
- Improving our efficiency in breathing will help all of us maintain better health and wellness during this pandemic.
- Studying "Squares" will help improve balance, strengthen the legs, and review the arm movements of specific Tai Chi forms.
* In the second part, we will usually divide the group according to their preferences for either learning
the Yang-style 24 Basic Form or the Yang-style 44 Form.
Beginners are welcome.
Wear comfortable clothes and flat sole shoes.
WEDNESDAYS from 1:30 to 2:30 pm
OCTOBER 7, 14, 21 and 28 (which will be Tea Day)
Outside in Harbon Park at the corner of 14th and Gibbon Streets
* Please screen yourself for any symptoms and do not come if you are not feeling well. * Try to maintain a 6-foot distance between yourself and other people. (6 feet is approximately 3 times the length of your arm) * Face masks are optional if you always stay at least 6-feet away from other participants.
We can be contacted through GMAIL using the address LaramieTaiChiAndTea.